"Footloose" Reflection

Overview: Overall, I really enjoyed Cheshire's production of Footloose. I found the very first scene very intriguing. I felt that it interested the audience and pulled them into the story in a fun and exciting way. I liked the energy the cast brought to the stage. It made me want to go up there with them. 

Casting: I felt that the casting was perfect. I believe every person really fit their role and portrayed it accurately. In some specific individuals I could see their personality come out of their character and it made me realize how perfectly fit they were for the role. For example, I think Mao did a great job playing this funny character because its something I could see her do in real life. I also think Tony's character fit him well, especially when he sang, "I can't stand still" because I know he is a very active individual and is very energetic and athletic. I also heard him rap in the play which I know he also enjoys in real life. Aside from individuals who played roles that brought out some aspects of their real-life self, I thought it was exciting to see my friends play roles that differed from the personalities. For example, Amelia played more of a gossipy and flirtatious character than her typical self. That was interesting to see how she would portray that character so I really liked that.

Vocal: I loved hearing individuals sing solos and duets. I specifically loved hearing the cast sing as a whole; they were a very powerful group of singers, all with different strengths vocally.

Dance: I wasn't expecting such advanced choreography. I really liked it and I thought each piece of choreography was appropriate for the scene. I liked watching the variety of dances and pieces of choreography. I found them all interesting. 

Acting: I liked it overall and there were particular lines that I found hysterical and were especially well done.

Scenes: I felt that the transitions from scene to scene were well done. The tech worked efficiently and I didn't hear any chatter backstage. There was no awkward pause between scenes. I also particularly liked the scene that took place in the diner with the roller skates. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Director's Vision Project Reflection

Monologue Preparation

Stage Makeup Project Proposal